Sign Indonate Facebook

alt

The Dedham Community Association, better known as the Dedham Community House (DCH), was founded in 1922 when Charles J. Kimball and a group of civic-minded citizens purchased an estate originally built by Judge Samuel Haven at the corner of Ames and High Streets in Dedham. The purpose in forming this charitable, nonprofit association was twofold: to preserve the historic mansion built in the Bulfinch design in 1795, and to provide a recreational center for the people of Dedham and the vicinity.

 

Today, the Board of Directors and staff of the Dedham Community House dedicate themselves to community service in advancing the educational, recreational, cultural and civic interests of residents of all ages of Dedham and surrounding communities. In fulfillment of this mission, DCH operates a highly regarded preschool, a popular summer camp, summer pool, a variety of enriching classes for all ages, and several special seasonal events.

 

DCH is also proud to actively support other local community groups in a variety of ways including donated or discounted meeting and event space, and by hosting networking events for local nonprofit organizations.

 

DCH’s quality programming serves people of all ages, from all income levels, and from all neighborhoods of Dedham and over 20 surrounding towns. Affordable rates, scholarships and financial aid help to make programs accessible to all. DCH provides more than $100,000 in charitable discounts for programs and donated space each year.

 

About the Haven House
DCH understands the historic value of the beautiful Haven House it occupies on High Street. The rooms on the first floor feature high ceilings, long French windows, tiled fireplaces, carved mahogany mantles and moldings, and original chandeliers. A graceful curved staircase leads to a second floor with smaller chamber rooms. The curved staircase lends its natural beauty to family photos, or as a perfect setting for the bride to enter her ceremony. Haven House is ideal for a small wedding, bridal shower, or a variety of special events and business meetings. To take a tour of the Haven House, please contact us at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


About the William Bullard House (“the Stone House”):
Built in 1856, the Bullard House has the distinction of being one of the two surviving residences in Dedham that were built of Dedham granite. The interior of the house retains many of its original finishes, including a fine encaustic tile floor, marble fireplaces, ornamental plaster and wood trim. It is sited on a bluff above a bend in the Charles River, affording it a spectacular setting. Today it houses the DCH Preschool in a lovely juxtaposition of old and new.

Our Mission

"Dedicated to advancing the educational, recreational, cultural and civic interests of residents of all ages of Dedham and surrounding communities."

alt

 

alt

Contact Us

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
671 High Street
Dedham, MA 02026
Phone: (781) 329-5740

Preschool: (781) 329-4841